Frequently asked questions
These are not really frequently asked questions – in fact, nobody asked me any of these yet (as of writing this), but I would expect that these are the questions people might have, so I decided to gather them here – together with the answers – under the well-understood and common title.
Some of these questions are pretty technical – I am also a computer geek, so if that’s not your thing, just skip those ones.
Also, I’m not a graphics designer.
- Why is this page so fast? See above.
- Why don’t I warn you about biscuits, er, cookies? Because I don’t serve them. See above.
- Why are there no comments? There is one main reason. If there were comments, I would have to moderate them. See No vehicles in the park for a fun explanation why comment moderation is a horrible time- and energy-sink. I’d really prefer to spend time writing, not fighting. And even though DW fandom is very nice, there is always that someone that really insists on trolling or making a fuss. If you want to comment or discuss something, feel free to email me. We might have a nice chat over email, and I might be tempted to incorporate (part of) our discussion in the relevant post.
- What is this font? The main font this site is using is called Concrete Roman, a font I have a very soft spot for. It evokes this warm, comfy feeling in me, most probably because some of the favorite books of my childhood were set in a very similar one. I hope you like it, too.
- “Favorite”? Not “favourite”? Seriously? Well, I am not a native English speaker, and I’ve spent many years learning American English. Switching to British English would be a difficult and time-consuming process. If it bothers you, please just forgive me and let’s move on, ok?
- “Weblog”? Not “blog”? Seriously? Yes. It is my website and I can call it whatever I want, thank you very much. And more seriously, since it has a bit of a 1990s feeling to it, why not call it appropriately?
- T.A.R.D.I.S.? Not TARDIS? Seriously? Well, it’s an abbreviation, no? I know there are arguments for and against this form, but I like it. (And no, I do not type it every time this way – my text editor handles that for me.)
- What does the title of this weblog mean? Ah, so you haven't seen Series 6 yet. You’re in for a treat!